Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I love my new Job!

I started this blog in late August and wondered if anyone would actually read it.  Well, I am able to see how many daily  hits on it I get and I am averaging about twenty-five a day.  I am hoping it is not just one person checking it twenty-five times a day and that it is a good mixture of parents, staff, and maybe even some students.  Anyways, I have been asked the question a lot "how is it going?"  and I want to tell you that I love my new job.  I enjoy the staff a lot.  They are hard-working, student-centered, and incredibly talented. I have found the parents to be active and supportive of our schools.  Most importantly, I have really enjoyed interacting with the students in each building.  I have tried to be visible and get into some classes even if if it is for a short period of time, on a daily basis. I was able to fill some of the administrative positions and "build my team" and that has been awesome.  I really feel I have a strong team.  I get a lot of questions about my family. Below is a picture of my family. My son, Connor, is in the back row and from left to right in the front row is my daughter, Lauren; my wife, Diane; and my youngest son, Mitchell.  They are all very supportive of my new job.  My wife is a teacher and she has a good sense of teaching , learning, and how important it is for me to be visible and engaged in my new job. I am in a good place on my professional journey and I feel I am growing and helping the district to continue to evolve.  I am very happy!  If you are one of the people who reads my blog, drop me an email and let me know what topics you would like me to explore on this blog. I am proud of the learning that is taking place.