Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Fox Point-Bayside Team Members:

Please allow me to use the Thanksgiving meal metaphor to illustrate the connection of what we do as a learning community.  First, much like the Native Americans helping the Pilgrims harvest food and survive the first winter, our educators facilitate learning for students to help them survive, thrive and grow as people.

Like many of you, I really do reflect on what I am grateful for during this time.  Of course, I am thankful for the health and happiness of my family, but my list also includes having the opportunity to work in this very special school district with such committed educators and supportive parents.  I feel truly blessed. 

Thank you for your continued commitment.  Best wishes for a Thanksgiving that returns the gratitude you have given to your students.  May you sit down to a great meal and enjoy time with family and friends. 

With Pride and Respect,
Vance
Vance Dalzin
District Administrator