Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Happy Teacher Appreciation Day!

                Thank You  Fox Point - Bayside Teachers!

 
There is no profession that I respect more than that of a teacher.  I am blessed to spend my personal life with my wife Diane, who is an excellent elementary school teacher, and in my professional life with the Fox Point - Bayside School District educators who I see do extraordinary things in their classrooms on a daily basis.  Not only do I see highly skilled educators engaged in their craft, but I also see an incredible amount of care and concern for their students.  Based on multiple measures, our district is performing at a high level.  As I have stated before, more than any other element in a district, the teacher in front of those students has the greatest effect on student learning.  Thank you for molding the hearts and minds of the future.  It is a pleasure to be on the same team as the great educators I work with.  Kudos to all of you!